General

Nostalgia - Recalling past horses
147 View | 10 Replies
BKV Racing 4/18/2020 2:28:57 PM
My most fond memory is breeding and racing 'Another Son' and also seeing a significant amount of the QH population trace back to my early game Quarter Horses, notably Fast and Easy - 1st gen player bred by Easy Street(source), out of Cute and Maybe Fast(source) and multigen horses, Secret Recipe and Victory Cigar.

Anyone else?

KS Racing 4/19/2020 8:43:31 AM
Ah I am so excited to see this back. I was The Meadows and QH meadows back in the old days. With my QH stable there are too many to recall- I had quite a few good ones!

EBT Racing 4/25/2020 8:18:06 PM
I wish I could recall some of the old horses I had by name. I do know with the QHs I was able to get some pretty good stakes runners. Had some winners, and some absolute duds.

I do miss the mechanics of this game versus some of the others out there now. The auction and claiming system were top notch, and staying up until midnight when the stakes races were happening was always a pleasure.

Dexter Morgan 7/4/2020 3:57:06 PM
I remember Tobias Menzies was a Turf Sprinter of mine that was just new to the stud ranks when the game shut down.
Who could forget Play Action Pass, Crusoe, Sea Mission, Optimising etc.

Sapphire Star Farms 7/5/2020 12:34:36 PM
She wasn't one of the greats but my favorite was always Punky Power! She will likely be resurrected in the new game lmao! Another of my own favorites was Danica Daytona!

Lost Lake Farm 7/5/2020 11:14:53 PM
My favorite that I bred was I Love Fast Cars. I'm truly hoping we get the opportunity to rebuild. This game gave me something to look to.

Circle image Advanced Stables 7/5/2020 11:48:19 PM
The old site is still around. It's fun to see some of the old horses and the stables that we spend a lot of time building.
old.trophyhorse.com/

My best horse was Controlled Chaos - He was just about to hit the 5 million earnings mark.
old.trophyhorse.com/horse.aspx?id=754857

Dexter Morgan 7/6/2020 11:34:30 AM
Thanks for that link Advanced ..... that was a trip down memory lane. Tobias Menzies is now 60!

Sapphire Star Farms 7/7/2020 10:25:11 PM
Thanks Advanced! I'm going back through and remembering some of my best! I had a couple great QH's. Zombie Apocalypse (3x Exposure winner) and Dispassionate Peak were probably my best laugh :D

7/8/2020 4:33:32 PM
That site is a wonderful museum. One of the great beauties of the game was the breeding database and the ability to trace everything back to source.

Right at the end of the game I had my best ever colt Weary Native Son, he came from the best line of mares I ever had. He had 2 seasons of foals but they never got to race. Lets hope one day we get to recapture all that magic.

Circle image Blind Owl Stables 7/9/2020 9:37:24 AM
My best one.

old.trophyhorse.com/horse.aspx?id=736649